Saturday 7 November 2009

Fabric Moleskine's notebook covers

Moleskine is the heir of the legendary notebook used for the past two centuries by great artists and thinkers, including Vincent Van Gogh, Pablo Picasso, Ernest Hemingway, and Bruce Chatwin. This trusty, pocket-sized travel companion held their sketches, notes, stories, and ideas before they became famous images or beloved books. Today, Moleskine is culture, travel, memory, imagination, and personal identity; I adore the simply elegance of these handmade notebooks and among cahiers, diaries, and adress books, I have to admit that's never enough for me! In order to distinguish them, seeing that they so many that colours are not enough, I'm used to customise my Moleskine notebooks either making little stamps on them or crafting fabric covers that, more than protect them, give to these notebooks a sweet zakka looking. These ones into my photos are some covers that I've purpose-made for Moleskine's notebooks. They are available in two sizes:
  • Pocket size: 9 x 14 cm (3 1/2 x 5 1/2 "), the cahier has 64 pages and the last 16 sheets are detachable;
  • Large size: 13 x 21 cm (5 x 8 1/4 "), the cahier has 80 pages and the last 16 sheets are detachable.
The stamps are also hand-made both with hand-carved rubber stamps and with stamps from my personal collection. The ink used is the VersaCraft one... the outcome is so sweet, I really hope you like it as well!!

These are some samples of the cover for the "large size" that I've done inspiring me from The Red Riding Hood and The Little Prince:


Furthermore, these are samples of the "pocket size"...
... figuring my town, "Paris":


the "Onigiri Parade":

The "Morning Toast":

The "Hot-Air Balloon":

The "Bird & Golden Cage":

This fabric cover is actually on sale on my Esty!

The "Reading Bear":

The "Hello? Who's at the phone?":

My "Matryoshkas" cover:

do you like it? It's now on sale on my Etsy!

My "Alice in Wonderland" cover:

My "Mille bolle blu...":

If you think that you "need" this fabric cover, I want to let your that it's actually on sale on my Esty shop!


merci!



3 commenti:

Anonymous said...

This gives me ideas about one of my own books. I think a hand embroidered pregnant bisection would be perfect for my fertility monitor booklet. :D

seaweedie on 3 February 2010 at 10:27 said...

These are so pretty! But I don't usually use the cahiers - I prefer the more hefty notebooks :( I hope you'll make some that fit them someday.

I love your site, by the way. I've been lurking on it for ages and it's on my favorites tab. I just thought you should know XD Merci pour tout ces trucs adorables! (Haha please excuse my French, I've only been learning for one semester.)

Sandy on 12 July 2011 at 14:17 said...

I saw this and though ‘Now that’s something I can do’ until after the jump and I saw sewing was involved. I HAVE to learn to sew RIGHT NOW. If I don’t I thin I will burst. So many beautiful fabrics, so little skill.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin