Wednesday 6 January 2010

How to make hand-carved rubber stamps: my tutorial!


Rubber Stamps are for me an authentic passion; I collect them since I was a little lady and I have to admit that it’s never enough for me! The discovery that’s possible to hand-make my own stamps represented for me a great turn: now I can do all stamps I want! I can choose not only the subject, but also the dimension and the thickness of the line in order to be able to adapt the stamp to all my needs... I guess that hand-carved rubber stamps are really genial because of their great versatility; with them you can decorate not only papers but they could also give a touch of originality to everything! I love, for instance, use them on fabric, but you can find also special inks purpose-made for all surfaces: from wood to plastic, from metals to leather or porcelain.

The tutorial is formed by two parts: in the first one, I list all the tools you need and all the steps that will lead you to be able to create your hand-carved rubber stamps. In the second part, I gathered a wide range of very cute drawings that you can use as patterns to train you and learn... I’m sure that, with a little practice, you will be able to create perfect stamps. At that time, your imagination will have no more brakes and will be free to create everything!

I hope you will enjoy it!



This tutorial is on sale as a .pdf file on my e-shops: On Esty for customers who prefers to pay in dollars ($) and on Dawanda for whom prefers to pay in Euros (€).


2 commenti:

Alis on 15 January 2010 at 13:22 said...

Ciao! Ho provato ad acquistare il tutorial su Etsy ma è sold out! Li rimetterai online?

Memi The Rainbow on 15 January 2010 at 20:49 said...

Ciao! Ho aggiornato il link, ora ci sono altre due copie disponibili su etsy, ma se preferisci lo vendo anche su Dawanda dove si paga in euro: http://en.dawanda.com/product/7413070-My-Hand-Carved-Rubber-Stamps-tutorial-and-patterns
Grazie mille!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin