Monday 31 May 2010

The hidden perils under the sea


Summer is coming and, although I do not especially like this suffocating season with her beach crowed of crazy people and the endless days spent roasting under the sun, I must admit, however, that I am really looking forward to have finally a swim! I love to find some relief from the burning heat plunging into the cool water... I love to bask myself into the sea and to leave me to rock up and down by waves... well, until now everything would be really fantastic and would be able to repay me of the time spent gasping among sweating dudes and yelling children, but also the sea, unfortunately, hides under dangerous tricks... I'm talking about jellyfishes, small gelatinous sea creatures that seem to have no other purpose than to make my life a hell! It's pretty obvious that, once sufficiently far from the shore, while gently carried by sea draughts I can finally enjoy some silence and tranquillity, I'm going to find myself suddenly surrounded by a shoal of stinging jellyfishes. They are probably attracted by my whitish skin that does not even want to hear about to get tan and, exchanging me for a their fellow creature, they have maybe not any bad intention... the fact is that it is not at all a good encounter, and although most of the time I'm able to leave away uninjured, I hate those little cocksuckers! Despite my immense hatred, I decided that i will not spoil my holiday with jellyfishes... you will find a full line of summer accessories dedicated to them, or rather to their kawaii version, because, as I always say, the best way to turn what scares us into something harmless is to make it as reassuring as possible through a soft style that exorcise all the ruthlessness! I must admit that I've turned out because these little jellyfishes are really sweet!


Here you will find them in the form of buttons...


and of little pin and brooch..


And also of necklace...


This is my centre-piece because it's virtually impossible to reproduce it similarly, in fact I printed my hand carved stamp over a white marble stone that I picked up from the beach where I usually go when I get home in Italy, I surrounded it all with the soft gray felt ... I'm really happy about the outcome ... I hope you like it too, it's for sale here!

And here another star of the sea: a tender little octopus, much more sympathetic of the jellyfish! Using a rubber stamp carved by me, I created these pretty pins that you can attach to the bag, the shirt and everything you wish ...



have a nice summer!

6 commenti:

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com on 3 June 2010 at 11:12 said...

ADORABLE!!! And I love your writing too!

Memi - I'm going to Paris in a couple of days! Yay! Do you have any suggestions of nice places and cool shops to visit? I think I know which museums I should go to and I have seen the big monuments before, so perhaps hidden jewels in the city..? Are there shops carrying your items?

lanusa on 3 June 2010 at 13:22 said...

I love your work!!!
XX
Raquel.

Memi The Rainbow on 3 June 2010 at 20:18 said...

Thank you very much! I'm flattered!

for Maria-Thérèse: great! This week-end a couple of special events will be held on in Paris dedicated to handicraft world: the first is the salon court circuit; the second is dreaming girls place
concerning shops, in Paris you can find a certain amount of cool shops, but my favourite ones are:
Les Fleurs, 6 Passage Josset 75011;
Bon Ton, 112 rue du Bac 75007;
Pop Market, 50 rue Bichat 75010; if you go to this last one, I suggest to have a walk on the boards of Canal Saint-Martin or to walk to Belleville, a smart quartier nearby...
have a nice holiday..

Memi

ps unfortunately, for the moment I've not yet find the time to ask to some shops to sell my stuff... by I planned to do it, maybe after the summer...

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com on 4 June 2010 at 21:15 said...

Merci!!

Biribís on 8 June 2010 at 02:36 said...

Really sweet stuff here!

Memi The Rainbow on 8 June 2010 at 20:41 said...

Thank you very much!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin