Wednesday 12 May 2010

Vintage stuff passion!



In recent days, rummaging in the attic of the house where I grew up, I found many little “pearls” d’antan, all things either of mine when I was a child or belonging to my parents, uncles, grandparents and other relatives. I was able to smell out some old children's books, one dating back even to 1926!
I do not know if for you is the same, but I have a real obsession for old toys and illustrations, I think that they are a helpful source of inspiration ... so you can imagine the happiness that I felt..... now I have in my hands a Snow White maybe even older than the version of Walt Disney! Resounding! Do not worry, I'll try soon to take some photos to be included in a post dedicated entirely to these findings. For now enjoy my new creations tasting a bit retro...



These two necklaces with Alice in Wonderland and the Little Red Riding Hood are made for honoring all tales with which whole generations of children are grown up and that, still now, are loved by both big and little ones. Alice is on sale here, and the Red Riding Hood here.


Here, moreover, you can find one necklace and one brooch that remember a yesteryear doll. Doing that, I take inspiration from Twiggy, a French vintage mannequin head designed for fashionable boutiques to display their hats on... it is one of such as item that I desperately looking for in all flea markets of Paris (and that sooner or later will be mine!).


2 commenti:

Noeli que feliz on 13 May 2010 at 11:22 said...

very nice!! i love vintage!! ;)

Rosita on 14 May 2010 at 13:33 said...

I have obsession for old toys and illustrations too! :) I collect my old toys and i have kept even my moms toys :)they are too beautiful..

Blog Widget by LinkWithin