Sunday 5 February 2012

My favorite illustrators # 7 Misako Mimoko


In this continuous discovery of utmost creative entities on the web, to which I'm dedicating a special issue of this blog, it was impossible for me to not assign a special place to Eva, aka Misako Mimoko. Eva is an illustrator, a crafter, a dreamer based in wonderful Barcelona, in Spain. Her creations are simply extraordinary: take a look to her website or to her etsy shop for having an idea of her unique style!


Amongst her creations, Eva has made a wide range of unique characters, thus materialized in the shape of funny dolls! These dolls are entirely hand made with soft and warm fabrics, and they are able to evoke in me the same uniqueness that belongs to "d'antan" dolls, because of the care and of the meticulousness that Eva put in these creations. Since I discovered her on etsy some time ago, I was really fascinated by these imaginative dolls, which she called dolis (the little ladies) and dolos (the baby boyz). For instance, doli winter tree & dolo monsieur tranchette (here above), and doli little house & doli red apple (below).


Yet my favorite doli is this cute candy, which I saw some times ago on her etsy. I love it to such extent that I made an hand carved rubber doli-stamp directly inspired to her sweetness!!





4 commenti:

misako mimoko on 6 February 2012 at 00:28 said...

WOW!! Thank you so much for this sweet post!!!
it's so nice of you! i'm really happy you like my dolls!
(i adore your candy girl stamp ♥)
have a lovely week!
xx

Becca on 7 February 2012 at 08:29 said...

I love her work too! I think I discovered you both at about the same time as yours, memi. Great work both of you...so sweet

PS by Dila on 7 February 2012 at 16:28 said...

What a cute blog! It makes me happy. :)

www.PSbyDila.com

♥♥♥ Fall in Style ♥♥♥ on 9 February 2012 at 01:27 said...

I really love your blog, i have visit you a lot of times but i never write and... it's time!

Thanks for such a pretty blog :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin