Friday 16 March 2012

Dreaming Twiggy's tete à chapeau!!


As I wrote some time ago, one of my favorite pastime is to spend weekend in flea markets, looking for amazing and unique old-fashoned treasuries. Yet I omitted to tell you that, above all, my dream is to find some day a Twiggy "tete à chapeau". This dummy head, used to displays hats in fashion stores, is often called "Twiggy" because it very similar to the face to Twiggy, the famous 1960s-1970s model. It would be really a dream for me to come one day to a flea market and to gather one of these heads...



... waiting for the arrive of that day, when a lucky me will be able to bring at home it for few euros, this cute item gave me inspiration to produce a wide range of little stuffs. For instance, I hand carved a rubber stamp with the shape of Twiggy with which I've then produced a necklace with shrink plastic. I have also remake a some of little dolls-necklaces, that you can find on my etsy. Finally, I've taken decision also to write a tutorial, with which you will be able to make your customized handmade retro doll necklace! You can find it on etsy as well. I hope you like all these things!!!





5 commenti:

ThePaintedPisces on 16 March 2012 at 23:35 said...

These are very adorable :)

Sarah on 16 March 2012 at 23:40 said...

I love these retro dolls! The necklace and rubber stamp are fantastic too! Hopefully someday you will find the Twiggy dummy that you've been wanting :)

Ilaria Novelli on 17 March 2012 at 10:38 said...

I really love these,
I've always dreamed to have a Twiggy head too, so I've really enjoyed your amazing creations !
Have a wonderful week end!

Mi Joya on 17 March 2012 at 12:39 said...

They're great the Twiggy heads!!
Last year on holiday in southern France, i saw a few in a pharmacist's shop, they looked beautiful and were used as decoration! I've regret it ever since that i didn't go into the shop to ask if they couldn't sell one!! We're going back there this summer and this time i'm going to ask!! Hopefully they're still there!

lanusa on 17 March 2012 at 14:13 said...

I love how you have inspired by Twiggy "tete à chapeau".ebay, actually I think you can find it there, but they are quite expensive, but she is so lovely!
Love the necklaces and the stamp!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin