Wednesday 13 June 2012

A diamond is (almost) forever



I discovered recently this funny alternative French song, Brigitte's Battez-vous, and I love it! Above all, I find very funny the sarcastic way adopted to deal with the typical womanly desire to be in any way in the middle of men's attentions. This song indeed talks about a girl who, believing in the power of her appeal, spurs her wooers to fight for her love, to adulate her with precious gifts, and to show her to be disposed to everything to win her love. Yet the video shows how this kind of desires can be deceptive sometimes... and we can say that this incitement to a love competition amongst beaus ends in a rather unexpected way....


In spite of this funny irony about women-men relations, I still believe that us, the women, deserve to be court and adulated with precious jewelry and, above all, with diamonds. But not the real ones, which are cause of destruction and dead in those countries where they are taken. For that, I've produced some creations inspired to a more ethic vision of the world of diamonds: a felt brooch and an hand carved rubber stamps set. Albeit these diamonds are not exactly the same precious stones to which many women think about, I'm sure that their cute face make them even more valuable than the real one! You can find them on my etsy!






3 commenti:

Oficina da Debora on 13 June 2012 at 13:48 said...

Oh, I loved your post!
I don't like real diamonds either, and the stamp drawings and felt ones you made are so pretty. ♥

diandra on 23 June 2012 at 21:02 said...

the brigitte video led me down a rabbit hole of french baroque pop bands on itunes. thank you!! XO

amy on 24 June 2012 at 16:21 said...

that little winking one has me giggling!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin