Sunday 4 November 2012

The town of Carrousels



Paris is the town of carrousels. I am often surprised by the countless number of carrousels that are scattered around both in very touristic places (such as nearby the Tour Eiffel, in Montmartre, at the Hotel de Ville, in the Marais etc.) and in the hidden corners of the town or in the parks. More than the permanent ones, which work all year long, during the Xmas period more carrousels are installed in each district. Their lights and their whistling jingles are able to bring even more romanticism in this town and to warm up the hearts of both young and old ones, in spite of the big cold. 


When I see the laugh blossoming in the children faces when they ride on a carrousel, I always think that sophisticate things are not necessary to get fun and to be happy. Also simple things, inherited from the past and built following low-tech considerations, are able to spread happiness all around: as a consequence, those things are rightly evergreen creations loved by everyones. Carrousels are maybe one of few things that are able to perfectly combine poetry, fun, and beauty.

 
 

And carrousels inspired me to create a new stamp, which I used to made a pendant necklace with shrink plastic and some stickers to embellish notebook and other stuff. You can find them on my etsy. I hope you like them!!!





4 commenti:

Anonymous said...

so beautiful and romantic as usual! i love your blog so much

SaMtRoNiKa on 4 November 2012 at 01:33 said...

hi! this stamp is very impresing! you are great doing that!! I went to Paris once and I loved to see that kind of carrousels :3

The necklace is very nice.

Regards from Spain!

PUK on 9 November 2012 at 23:16 said...

Hi Patricia!
I can't believe I haven't seen your blog until now. It's so wonderful! I can see we share some interests, and funny to see your cloud stamps - I have a few rainy clouds in my own stamp collection.

Feel free to check out my blog if you want to:)
Have a great weekend.
*_* Puk

http://thepukproject.blogspot.com

mhauna on 14 November 2012 at 17:42 said...

So nice! (from France...)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin